I'll just say that any organization that claims to align itself with hunters and anglers yet push for more parks, is doing a disservice to its customers.

I can visit every national park in my state in a year, as,long as I don't spend much time in each one. We're flush on parks. What we need is someone or something to gain control of the USFS and get them to do things that make sense and cents. I've seen them spend pooptillions to close a road in some of the most often burned by forest fire areas.....to just rebuild it the next year to do it again.

We need multi use forests. I'll use the Colville for example, one of the larger national forest areas and in it lies almost no motorized access to anything not street legal. I can take my 10k lb excursion on the logging roads, but not a quad. How is this wise? The NF is 1.1 million acres and there's only two areas that ohv use is legal.

The same 1.1m acres has seen countless roads ripped out because they claim to not be able to maintain them, yet they've gone unmaintained for 20 years. Sure they're not great, but have proven to stand up to the seasons.

That 1.1m acres doesn't have enough access to bring in the snow recreation that it once did. There used to be many snowmobile systems but they too have been closed.

Now I'm sure that the group will say "that's not our target members" which I get.....but considering the CNF borders the salmo-priest wilderness just a few miles north, why are we attempting to wildernize the CNF?

I'm all for wild hunts, I have many in my life and loved them all, but at the same time it is nice to take a disabled guy and go for a ride in the woods.

If BHA was more in line with multi use of land instead of creating parks I would be all in....but as long as they intend to take that away from us during the 330 days we can't hunt I will not support them and continue to question their intentions.

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.