Originally Posted by efw
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Well now, that's certainly interesting info Pugs, thanks.

Of course, they probably don't have to list to whom those political contributions went, (Thanks to citizens united or some other court decision?)

Seems I'm going to have to try to remember to send an email request to BHA before they get any more of my money.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma (anyone else taught that word as dilemna?) now, similar to politics, I have to make a hard choice.

Geno

This.

There are benchmarks for efficiency in non-profits for how much money collected goes to the issues they claim to serve and those numbers appear out of whack.

I also agree with a total lack of comfort with the head of the organization being such an ardent Obama supporter, although if this is his single issue the problem there is that the GOP has made sale of Federal lands a part of its platform.

I'm really tired of having to choose between having guns (as I fear we would not if left to the Dems) and having access to use them (as I fear we would not if left to the Reps).

And yes, I recognize that the 2A isn't about hunting at all, but part of our nation's ethos is hunting game held in public trust on lands open to all. That to me is central to the contrast the FFs bought into when they declared independence from the crown.

Anyway great discussion here even if the answers aren't nearly as cut & dried as I'd like. Thanks to everyone who is contributing.

Thanks efw,

that about sums up my situation for the last 40 years or so.

Geno

PS, a ways back someone mentioned, to paraphrase, there's millions of acres of already designated roadless areas (or something similar) isn't that enough? Perhaps the same could be said about "roaded" areas. Without googling it, I'd be willing to make a small wager there are many more acres of public land accessible by road than the roadless areas.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?