If I look at this debate from another perspective some interesting things come to light.

Their President is Land Tawney - Ardent Obama supporter in fact Chair of "Sportsmen for Obama Committee" in 2008. He also donated $500 in his name to the John Tester campaign individually and $500 from the organization to a PAC for John Tester. Personally I have no opinion about John Tester, I do have an opinion on anyone that supported Obama being aboveboard about their aims. (Source - http://www.fec.gov/finance/disclosure/norindsea.shtml)

From a financial standpoint, their form 990 seems a little wonky to me (I'm an engineer not an accountant) - Form 990 .

$1.26 million in income with 9 employees and zero grants given, but a whole lot of "other expenses" as well as an average salary of $53K for each of those 9 employees. Note in 2014 their executive compensation exceeded 10% of their income.

Public support for 2015 was 58% of their income (Section D). Where did the rest come from?

In Part I-A they gave $106,000 in political expenditures. In Fundraising events (Schedule G Part II) they spent $113K in two events and netted $55K.

Sure, taxes are a bit masked by nature but I look at the numbers and wonder where they got their money and who did they give it to (other than themselves)?

Lots of good charities out there but are folks donating to this one getting their bang for the buck? I wonder but it's up to everyone to make a decision.

Last edited by Pugs; 04/25/17. Reason: fix link

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated