Buzz im not saying punch roads in wilderness, log or anything like all im trying to say is manage the land outside of the wilderness and not let the enviro be able to sue to stop every single timber sale no matter what. The Flathead had a huge fire that was the Big Creek fire that burned i think around 186,000 acres very little of it was in Glacier Park. I took part in so called collabrative week long meetings with the Montana logging assc.,USFS,Wilderness Assc. trout unlimited and other groups after all that the USFS decide to log 7,000 acres of the 186,000 that burnt. So 15 years latter what didnt get cut by firewood getters that we were required to leave is blown down rotting. We reguired to leave anything over 18" next to the roads that latter were cut down by fired wood getters it was so bad they had to get law enforcement to watch over it. I tried to get the fish biologist to let us cut some trees down next to streams so the bare mineral soil wouldn't wash into a fish stream after the trees would blow down that they were worried about and we could helicopter them out since one would be in the area and place some shade trees for the stream and he said those trees that blow down and cause sediment in the stream were incidental and didn't count towards his parts per millon that he said was gonna go in the stream it was the roads that were gonna cause most of it. WTF tell me if you can reduce sediment in a stream who cares how you do it. Thats the mentallity. these were s
Dry stream beds that were tributarys to a bigger stream and only small amount of water when the snow melted and we had to stay 300 feet away with our equipment. The Grizzly bear biologist wanted a road decommisioned just because it was gonna be easier for people to see a grizzly bear now and a higher chance for someone to poach one WTF. Untill all that kinda crap changes nothing will get done. We had some republican representaives there but not one Democrap showed up so dont tell me democrates are for multiple use. Ryan Zinke is the best thing thats has happened for the west becoming secretary of intererior, Bet he had a hand in finally allowing wyoming to do something about wolfs.