I've only shot 3 animals with monos, and have been unimpressed, but I also haven't shot them real fast either. The general consensus is that they work well when thrown at warp speed. I've got no reason to dispute that.

I doubt you could go wrong with the 130 barnes, but you may also want to look at some bonded bullets if you're concerned about lead. I'm not a nosler fan, but the accubond is a good choice as is about any other bonded core bullet. The hot-cors are also really good bullets that I have used quite a bit.

One reason I prefer double lung shots if at all possible is because it'll keep any bullet fragments, whether lead or copper, out of the shoulder meat. This may be "bad" but I actually hope raptors eat the gut pile and lungs with lead fragments in it. Some folks don't like the runners, but my experience shows that deer generally run 30-50 yards at most with a solid double lung hit, which isn't much further than shoulder shot animals but you don't have to deal with so much FUBARed meat. I will and have taken a THS though, and will again at some point I am sure. The base of the tail bone is a deadly shot, though you can ruin some backstrap. In those situations a mono probably is the "best" choice.