Originally Posted by Shifty98

So what jacket would you recommend?
Again I'd like to hear from guys who have had their jacket for 5+ years and have been overly satisfied. Also warranty is a must.

Thanks in advance!

I have hunted deer alone at -30 F and as warm as 80 degrees. One jacket is not a possibility. Some of my warm stuff is a real bitch to get dry if I spend a day out in cold weather getting wet.

Advice:

Get a really warm hat. An alpaca fur (hide on) bomber hat is the best I have found, but I can often make do with a rabbit fur (hide on) bomber. Absolute minimum for cold weather is a fiber/rabbit fur hat. Always keep uppermost in mind that you can take it off or you can substitute a less warm option like a stocking hat or a baseball cap. A good synthetic long sleeved pull over shirt in blaze orange works fine in warm weather and can be really warm under a decent parka. 1200-1400 gram thinsulate muck type boots can be augmented with the little toe warmers and get your feet through very cold conditions. Good warm bibs are a must as long as they provide enough side zipper length to get them off and on in a deer stand. If you have to walk any distance to a deer stand even in -30 weather you can overheat in a hurry. Being able to get in and out of your warm clothing is mandatory. I almost never wear anything heavier than brown jersey gloves no matter how cold it gets. I do however keep hand warmers in slash pockets or a good insulated pocket that is easily accessible. I will carry some very big, very insulated mittens and when appropriate shift my hands in the jersey gloves and the hand warmers into them. Staying warm in extreme conditions is easy. Stay dry, provide plenty of insulation and use hand/toe warmers appropriately. Neglect any part of your body and things can go south in a big hurry which can cause permanent damage.