Blackheart,

Then you should shoot whatever you want.

But my wife started getting recoil headaches a few years ago. Before then she shot a couple of very light .30-06's and an even lighter .270 ,along with light 12 gauges using magnum ammo, without any problem. (I might also mention that she had no trouble shooting a .416 Remington Magnum accurately, though she had no reason to hunt with one.) After the recoil headaches started, she had to start using lighter-recoiling cartridges. Among them was the .308 with 150-grain bullets at about 2800 fps, with which she's killed a bunch of big game up to 800 pounds.

More recently she had to drop down a little more, and her most recent elk dropped quickly to a 100-grain Barnes TSX from a .257 Roberts. She's also used 20-gauge shotguns to kill plenty of Canada geese and wild turkeys, with no problems, and her very light 28-gauge double on a bunch of wild pheasants.

People react differently to recoil. You may not believe that, but like recoil physics, it's reality.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck