Originally Posted by Windfall
I've been lurking here for a while and virtually every bullet thread that runs for a while has some of you guys mentioning the TTSX bullet. As a life long deer hunter I have always been searching for a better bullet. I suspect that that TTSX Delrin tip opens it up faster, but I need to say that I have been really disappointed with the regular Barnes TSX out of my 7mm-08 on deer. An 80 yard run with no blood on the snow for too far and a quarter size hole through the lungs is not what I wanted to see. Then losing the only buck that I'd ever shot with a rifle in the past 50 years when he dropped 5 drops of blood for two days of looking really soured me on Barnes bullets for deer. Nosler Partitions make soup out of a deer's lungs, but the front half peels back and the exit wound is so small that the blood trails are sparse. The Interlocks or Core-Lokts batter in the magazine. The Accupoint blew a bigger entrance wound than the exit. The Ballistic Tips got a bad rap early by being too destructive. My last buck took a 139 grain Hornady Superformance SST and went straight down, but the bullet didn't exit. A friend of mine really likes the drt effect of the Winchester Ballistic Silvertip from his .280. Am I missing a better bullet by not trying that Barnes TTSX? What has been your experience with that or any other deer bullets that you like?

Contact our member MILES58. He is a firm believer in the TTSX. He worked up a great load for my Savage Model 99 using the 130 gr. TTSX. Extremely accurate, and one deer with it so far. DRT. He's used it for years and does extensive research on all his kills.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla