Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Klikitarik
Seems no small irony that the Barnes 'X' bullet has been designed and re-designed to the point that the current TTSX works an awful lot like the Partition has been working for decades.

Kind of hard to fault that logic.

That is the last thing I would ever say about a TTSX. I have never caught a TTSX and have a huge bunch of recovered NPTs...

I see significant differences in the wound channels.

Ironically, I have both the first XFB and the first TSX I ever shot into animals. (Admittedly, the XFB did some tremendous bone work to the front leg joints on both sides of a moose. wink ) I have several more recovered copper slugs, not a real trick to stop them from what I have seen. Another irony, I think I managed to see one Pro-hunter stopped out of a couple dozen I've killed caribou with via the 6mm. Go figure. I have long said that 'eating up to the hole' was a trait common to the copper monos, but more recent pics of TTSX damage suggest that they're not as meat-friendly as the earlier versions were, a necessary trade-off perhaps, to get the reliable expansion that many hunters desire. (I haven't done more than test monos for a few years, though I did start the butchering process at the shot by spining a bull with an E-Tip three years ago. laugh ) Anymore, I use the Partition to cover as many, or more bases, than most anything else does well. They tend to cut long holes and shut things down fast.

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.