Windfall...Welcome to the 'Fire! Something to mention to all the deer hunters out there, in WI, MI and MN a fatally shot whitetail that bounds over a little brush or hill just might be found at the feet of another hunter. More than one deer has been contested by two hunters. Some say first to tag it, some say first to cut it.
My very first deer 44 years ago was being trailed by two hunters when I tagged it. I did not know the protocol. The other guys were adults, I was 14. My Dad said when two hunters shoot the same pheasant. the one who claims the bird should give the other hunter a shell. I gave the younger hunter a 30/30...

Anyway, Northwoods hunters put a premium on deer they can walk to and tag.

My brother had a buck taken from him at gunpoint in Lower Michigan. In the old days a hunter could go years without a shot at a legal deer. Hard to imagine some people doing such a thing.

Back to bullets, TSX have been remarkable at dropping chest shot deer for me 40 to 400 yards. Notably 150gr out of a shockingly accurate 30'06 Boss M-70. Two big Kansas bucks made a few bounds but both had shattered hearts, mule kicks at the shot, and just about empty of blood when field dressed.

Watch 'Yer Topknot!