What can I say tzone, I'm an analytical cuss. Over thinking is what had me using that Barnes TSX on the basis of the advertising hype and it cost me a nice one. The best advice that I've read on here is to quit reading the gun and hunting magazines. Elmer Kieth had me convinced that I should buy a post-64 M70 back in '65 when I could have still gotten a pre-64. Elmer is gone and thankfully so is that post 64.

Okay, back to bullets on deer. Did you ever read that South Carolina deer shooting study that they did back in the '90's where they kept track of 493 deer kills on the Cedar Knoll Hunting Club grounds? Much as I'm always looking for a bigger deer, they are after all just deer, not "big" game. Anyway, that study compared soft bullets from 6mm-30 caliber to hard bullets i.e. Partition, Grand Slam, X-Bullet or heavy for caliber bullets and measured the distance the deer ran after the shot or dropped at the shot and what calibers dropped deer the fastest or most effectively. It was the .25 caliber if any of you need to know. An interesting read and maybe one of you more computer savvy readers could put up a link to it. Bottom line is that I'm using "softer" bullets for my deer hunting these days.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory