I've got a couple of each now; and a pile of .270 Wins in the past.

Real world examples;

I shoot 130s in the Wins, and with the not uncommon 22" barrels they cruise out at a bit over 3000 more or less. I like the B&C reticles and the .270s match up real well with the highest magnification and a 200 yard zero. The post makes a fine aiming reference for my rectangular 500 plate on my personal range. Used like this the trajectory curve is about the same frankly as just about everything. A .375 H&H of mine that I shoot 235 grain Speers out of can do that. They could be sighted for MPBR, but then the reticle wouldn't work.

My .270 Weatherbys are quite capable of taking a 130 grain bullet to 3500 with a listed load of 7828 and the 140 Accubond up to 3360. The one will shoot factory Weatherby Spitzers at 3700 fps at some unknown but probably to high pressure. Wouldn't know about it with-out a chronograph, pressure signs are nothing. The 26" barrels don't hurt, but in the real world that's what they have. They respond very well to being sighted in at 325 which also works out to 3" high at 100. When I'm down to aiming with the post (Infinity pin), its at a set of 3 IPSC silhouettes that I have set up at 650 yards. The one that uses the 140 Accubond has an old LPS with a mildot, and the nearly identical 2 Mils works the same way at that distance. The next dot enables me to terrorize the silhouette and plate I have up on the hill-side at 780 yards. They are in somewhat in a different league than the Wins, with much in common with STWs with hunting bullets, the .257 Weatherby, .264 with 120 NBTs, 7-300 Win with VLDs, .28 Nosler with a few, my sadly demised .300 RUM and a couple over-achieving .300 Wins that like 190 grain ABLRs quite a bit. The 6.5-300 Win would be in the same company if I didn't have that one set up with 140 VLDs and an engraved M3 knob.

In the real world my .270 Weatherbys are heavier, and recoil about the same as the .270 Wins. That is to say, not much of anything.

Last edited by Model70Guy; 10/27/17.

Life begins at 40. Recoil begins at "Over 40" Coincidence? I don't think so.