I'm kind of over the hill (age/health), so are my bushel basket full of Leupolds. I have one M8 and close to a dozen Vari-X III's, which I have contended are too good to toss, so I keep using them. They also are trouble free. I may have made a good decision, since the quality does seem to be on the decline. The only new Leupold in my stable is a 3-9EFR that I bought thinking was the same as my old Ultralight 3-9 EFR. I now notice that the new one is labeled as a .22 scope. Not sure how that is going to work out as I intended to put it on a center fire?

I am not a Leupold or nothing guy. I have bought other brands in the last few years. I am really impressed with a Bushnell 4200 from about three years ago as to clarity and brightness. (I don't spin knobs).

As to other brands, I have an old Zeiss 4X that has not wiggled for thirty years. It is still better than some lesser brands. I have a Swarovski binocular and have had their scope. Great glass and great customer service. The problem is that in my experience, you will need the CS. Personally, I'd rather not need it.

In my situation, unless I run over a rifle and ruin the scope, I am close to not buying many or no more scopes. But like everyone else,,if I do need another, what should it be. I will stay tuned .......

Jack

Last edited by jt402; 12/14/17.

"Do not blame Caesar, blame the people...who have...rejoiced in their loss of freedom....Blame the people who hail him when he speaks of the 'new, wonderful, good, society'...to mean ,..living fatly at the expense of the industrious." Cicero