Originally Posted by TBS
I don't think things have changed at Leupold like a lot of people think. Over 20 years ago I was using Leupold scopes in competition and they had the same problems then as what guys are experiencing today. We didn't have a ton of choices for good high power scopes like we have today. I finally switched over to Weaver T series and all those goofy erector issues went away. So i contend they are still building the scopes of yesteryear but the people buying new scopes are getting smarter.

Same here. I ran a couple Weaver "T" and a then new to the business Sightron 36X. That Sightron was the cheese. If the condition was holding steady, I'd click windage rather than hold one edge or the other of the mothball. Always got what I asked for,and always came back to zero. That was when folks in BR were starting to freeze scopes,and building precision adjustable mounting systems. A lot of Leupolds were donated to the cause. Drilled and injected with epoxy. Don't recall any Nightforces or Marches being glued up.

With all the dialing and twisting going on these days,things are going to go wrong. Back in the day you were a hunter. You only touched those adjustments if you absolutely had to. For fear of losing what you already had. Ammo was supposed to last you. Not be wasted fiddling with a scope settings for the fun of it. I lived it. A box of new cartridges was a thing of beauty. Now,we have thousands of pieces of ammo,brass,bullets. Enough powder to start a store of our own. Things have changed. Demand is through the roof. People have buckets of disposable funds now. I can recognize and live within today's scheme of things.

What I won't tolerate is some snot of a kid at Leupold talking down to me. Patronizing me. Insulting me. When I have forgotten more about scopes,and their uses than he is ever going to know. The one I have at their service facility right now is the last one Ill ever send in. When it comes back,it's ear marked for liquidation. Immediate liquidation. When I say it's over,it's over.

I've lived through the best of times to be a rifleman in the U.S. Seen a lot of advancements. Loved every minute of it. But scooter at Leupold sealed their fate with me. Won't hurt them a bit. Unless 2,000,000 other devoted customers tell them to pound sand. Now it becomes a problem. Makes me no never mind. I live my life my way. I hate to see Americans caught up in another American institution falling off the map. Ill miss the gold rings. The pride in ownership. Supporting fellow Americans. I hope scooter has a great future as a Wal Mart greeter. His days at Leupold are numbered.

"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."