Originally Posted by Oregon45
Originally Posted by copperking81
Originally Posted by irfubar
Originally Posted by copperking81
Lots of stats tossed out, i.e. 50% failure rate, 90% failure rate, 20x more failures compared to x brand... yet no details offered up concerning sources for data or testing methodology that could be reproduced. Feels like there's a good amount of confirmation bias going on in this thread and forum.

Believe that if you wish
But you are what i like to call "wrong"

Prove it. I'm not brand loyal. I would however, like to see something close to verifiable with respect to the claims put forth. Any thing less is just bro-science.

One place where hard data can be found is the Precision Rifle Blog, which tabulates equipment used by competitors in the Precision Rifle Series matches. These competitors require their equipment to work, the same way, every time, and, thus, are a far more reliable indicator of what scopes work and what scopes fail than are hunters who may fire five shots a year and then boast about "three of them touching" at 100 yards. A quick look at the list of scopes used in the PRS in 2017 reflects that only 2 top shooters used Leupold scopes, a Mk 6 and Mk 8, representing 7% of the total scopes by brand:

http://precisionrifleblog.com/2017/03/03/long-range-scopes-pros-use/

Huh, that shows Vortex as #1 among top competitors yet I've repeatedly seen supposed experts here say Vortex are Junk and won't track/hold zero. Just one more reason why I place precious f*cking little value on what is said here. When one of you high rollin "experts" starts tearing scopes apart and identifying design, construction and materials flaws I might start placing some faith in it. Until then I think I'll stick with my own experience, which is considerable.