Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark
Originally Posted by Blackheart
The 3-9x40 Leupold vx-1 on my .30-06 worked fine for me again this season. Two shots, two dead deer, both hit right where I intended. My pre season zero verification target has 3 shots in one ragged hole at 100.

Are you bragging that it has worked perfectly for 5 shots? I think that's the point I was making in my last post.
That rifle/scope combo does only have about 200 rounds through it in the two years I've had it. I have no need to put thousands of rounds per year through my .30-06. I'm a damn good shot and always have been since I was a kid but most of my "practice" is done with my .22 rimfires and .223's. I also have no need to twist turrets and/or shoot at deer a half mile away.

Yes Sir. I understand your point,and that's the point that I was making. Under those conditions your Leupold will likely perform just fine. It's only when folks start twisting the turrets and getting into shooting more that they have trouble.

No, it's not. I've seen several Leupold variables quit on basic hunting rifles that didn't see many days in the field or rounds per year.