Originally Posted by cotis
Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell

If Leupold allows 3 degrees of cant, as was mentioned by another poster, the error will be negligible out to a few hundred yards. It becomes more pronounced at longer ranges. How much error is introduced by a canted reticle isn't the issue however. QA and customer satisfaction are.

As I posted earlier, for $1500, Leupold should rectify the problem. Time to chat with a company rep, not the service department. A personal approach is best. Phone them again, or if Leupold won't deal with the problem, drop by the store and tell them you would like to chat with their rep. The store may even offer to help.

I will be contacting Leupold again, that is for damn sure. I will actually be very pleasant on the phone as I know the person on the other end was not the one who "passed the buck" on this issue. But I will be insistant on speaking with someone with "authority" to resolve it immediately. What really burns my azz is that it cost me almost $40 for insured postage to Leupold, they had the scope for 6 weeks, nobody contacts me asking "we can't find anything, what are you talking about", nobody bothered to look at the web link I included in the return with a very clear picture of the canted reticle. I am on vacation from work next week, but I may come in anyway and put the scope on an optical comparator. I can shine a light through the scope and measure within a RCH how for off the crosshairs are from level relative to the turret/scope base.

Honestly at this point I expect to receive a new scope for my trouble and their lack of finding the issue the first time. We shall see and I will update when I know something.

Send it back with a letter and a link to this thread.

If they care, they'll do something.

Lots of exposure here to those who buy scopes.

Bad news travels faster and farther than good news.

Whether or not they realize it, they can't afford to let their CS go south, as CS has long been a big marketing plus, even when stuff messes up. It's aggravating enough having to send one back, usually in the middle of hunting season, only to have them send it back, finding no problem when the problem is as plain as the nose on your face.

Keep us posted.

DF