Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Most school shooters are using AR type rifles. A 9mm is no match for that. If shooters know that a teacher might have a concealed gun, guess who gets shot first..

You are at an event with your family. There are a lot of people there. Some kid walks in and starts shooting folks with an AR.

Would you rather:
1) Hide under your chair wondering how long it will be before he shoots you.
2) Bum rush him and hope for the best.
3) Know that you, and likely several other folks scattered about are armed and able to return fire. ???

I do not like the way our kids are mandated by government to be herded into a building, protected only by a "no guns allowed" sign.
Many folks here have stated in the past that they won't go in a movie theater, restaurant, or store if they aren't allowed to be armed, yet send their kids off everyday to a similar place.
I'm not advocating arming children, but teachers are adults, and should have the same rights to protect themselves as I do. The fact my child may benefit from this is a great bonus.
If your kid has a teacher you wouldn't want around your kid with a firearm, you need to work to get rid of that teacher.
All teachers would not want to carry, and that is fine. I would like for them to make that decision for themselves.