Originally Posted by jnyork
The idea of arming school teachers gets batted around here and elsewhere quite a bit.

I am generally opposed to it.

I have had the acquaintance of quite a few teachers in my life. I have two families of them as neighbors. Of all the ones I have known, I would not want to be within a hundred yards of any of them if they had a firearm in their hands. Not ALL teachers, of course, but MOST of them seem not to have a real firm grip on reality, common sense or good judgement, they seem to be the perfect embodiment of the term "snowflake". I honestly do not believe any amount of training would render them competent with a firearm or endow them with the mental capability to react with it in a dangerous, stressful situation. The fact that 90% of them at least are flaming liberals doesnt help any, yet I know two who are conservative gun nuts of the first order, instructors in Hunter Ed and so forth, both of them are goofy as the day is long and I dont want to be around them either.

If we are going to have armed personnel in our schools, let it be professionals; police officers and trained security people who know what they are doing.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts are that being a teacher shouldnt defacto forfeit ones 2A rights. Working in a school with kids shouldnt negate your ability to defend yourself and/or family & friends.

If you dont want teachers to be able to choose to carry, then you hsould apply that to the rest of the general public.

You arent one of those "2A for LEO and retired military only" types, right?

Originally Posted by Archerhunter

Quit giving in inch by inch then looking back to lament the mile behind ya and wonder how to preserve those few feet left in front of ya. They'll never stop until they're stopped. That's a fact.