The idea of arming school teachers gets batted around here and elsewhere quite a bit.

I am generally opposed to it.

I have had the acquaintance of quite a few teachers in my life. I have two families of them as neighbors. Of all the ones I have known, I would not want to be within a hundred yards of any of them if they had a firearm in their hands. Not ALL teachers, of course, but MOST of them seem not to have a real firm grip on reality, common sense or good judgement, they seem to be the perfect embodiment of the term "snowflake". I honestly do not believe any amount of training would render them competent with a firearm or endow them with the mental capability to react with it in a dangerous, stressful situation. The fact that 90% of them at least are flaming liberals doesnt help any, yet I know two who are conservative gun nuts of the first order, instructors in Hunter Ed and so forth, both of them are goofy as the day is long and I dont want to be around them either.

If we are going to have armed personnel in our schools, let it be professionals; police officers and trained security people who know what they are doing.

Your thoughts?

[Linked Image]