Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by HilhamHawk
Originally Posted by TWR
I'll pass on letting a convicted felon get his rights back. Murderer's are set free everyday, victims not so much.

Why? If a felon has done his sentence, and has been deemed fit to return to society, then why shouldn't he/she have the same rights as everyone else? If he/she is unfit to own a gun, then he/she should be unfit to get out of prison.

Because I had a family member murdered 2 years ago and due to a possible million dollar trial the murderer plea bargained for possible parole in 12 years.

The system is too far out of control.

My condolences on your loss, but it doesn't really change what I asked. Parole is not completing your sentence, but merely a reduction in the level of incarceration. What if he had gotten a 25 year sentence, and completed all 25 years behind bars? Would you still consider it right to bar him from exercising his right to self defense then? What about an 18 year old kid that made a stupid mistake, does his time, and never crosses the law again? Who worked hard for 25 years, owns a home, and has kids that would love to go hunting, or just plinking, but are unable to do so because he's a "felon"?

While it's true that all liberals are crazy people, not all crazy people are liberals.