short 99 Savage story,my dear old neighbor Benny who killed many deer and some moose with his 99-300 was coming to the end of his hunting days,so I always made sure old Benny and his wife got plenty wild game meat ,they just loved wild game meat. about 25 years ago the weekend before Minnesota rifle deer season friends ,neighbors and relatives came over to my place to sight there rifles in on my 100 yard range,many times I did helped them and shoot their rifles for them. well old Benny at over 80 years old always came over too and the 1st time Benny came over one year he brought his old trusty Savage 99 with a old weaver 4x scope on it and asked me to see how the old girl would shoot and he handed me 5 shells from his pant`s pocket and none of them were a match brass or bullets. when I looked thru the scope it look like it was raining and that day was still and sunny so I put the rifle on my cement bench and on my front and back rests,i had never handled a 99 before and with this old scope I was just hoping to hit 9x11 sheet of paper but I had a 1 1/2 bulleye in the middle ,so I tried my hardest for old Benny to shoot his rifle well and to my surprise the first shot hit the bulleyes high and when I shot the other 4 shoots I had a 1 inch group high in the bulleyes,old Benny said that`s good enough and put that old 99 back in his car. since that day I have always had a lot of respect for Savage 99`s and now I plan on buying a Savage 99 243 from Fireball2 ! and yes I am excited !

Last edited by pete53; 07/07/18.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman