I have had 5 M99 rifles,1 300 Sav., 3 308's and a 243. I like the 300, even loaded it using LEE handloader. It had so many holes on top of the receiver and on the side of it and none lined up except the two peep sight holes. I shot a coyote and a doe with it then traded it off. The next 308 was a 99E mid 70's in 308. This rifle really shot well and worked nicely in the woods but for some reason the high yella stock bugged me and I sold it. Next up was a 99DL in 243, shot great but too shiny for me, sold it. I still have the last two a 99A (1976 model) and a 99E in 308. I have come to the conclusion I like the pistol grip stock design and lever safety better than the straight stock and tang safety. With full power loads the 99A is a bit buckish but still shoots just fine. This rifle also has some mystery holes in the left side of the receiver. It now wears a peep sight and is a light handy rifle. The last the 99E is scoped and is also a fine shooter. In all these rifles the only one that would chamber fired factory ammo brass was the 300 Savage.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]