Doc;
Thanks for the reply and for your input to it, I always appreciate your well articulated thoughts on matters under discussion.

It's funny that you mention the "African Carry" method as that's how I've been packing both the meat packing shotguns and my primary hunting arms for years now. I find its a good way for me to control the muzzle - carry cold anyway when I'm moving in the shin tangle up here - but still like to control the muzzle and it's quick to deploy when needed.

As mentioned I did use a 94 as a camping arm for a wee bit, but gravitated back to the pump gun which I've had for so many decades and put so many rounds through.

One thing mentioned by a couple fellows from up Churchill, MB way on a similar thread on a Canuck forum is that a shotgun is typically less expensive and sometimes a tad lighter than even an iron sighted rifle. The idea is to have the shoo bear arm with you and if one doesn't have piles of hard earned cash tied up in it, one might not mind having it out in tough conditions or weather as much as a rifle costing 3 to 5 times as much. Of course the weight question has a lot of variables attached, but I will say that the little 14" barreled Turkish pump gun is noticeably less heavy after a bit of time passes.

Anyway sir, again it was good to hear from you and I hope you and yours have a wonderful summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"