Originally Posted by JGray
Reading the thread title, my first thought was the Duratrac but it sounds like that's a no-go. I'm running the Cooper STMaxx on my '06 Dodge 2500 deisel and thought they did great last winter though never got into any real deep snow. They have 3 sidewall plies and have a good reputation for wearing well and holding up off the highway. I have 18k on mine and am happy with them so far...

I also like the Coopers. I tried the Dura Track on my 2500 Ram Diesel, and they have too soft a side wall. Even at max pressure, with a heavy load,you can feel the side wall roll on curves. Without a load ,I could not see them doing any better than any other snow tire.The Coopers are not as expensive and a better tire IMHO.

I suspect your claiming the truck goes from side to side is the posi-traction/limited slip. An empty bed pickup is about useless in snow if you don't have 4wd. If I put 1500 pounds or so in mine,it will push about any amount of snow until it high centers

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles