I’ve owned two 2500 Ram Diesels and have driven both with the low air pressure warning light on in the dash the whole time I owned them. This federally mandated tire pressure bullsheet is annoying as hell. If I’m not hauling a heavy load there is no reason to have the tires aired up to support 7700 lbs in the rear when I’m only hauling 3300, that’s just stupid and the truck rides like sheet with 70-80 psi in the tires. I run 55 in the front and 50 in the rear 90% of the time. If I’m hauling a heavy load or my camper in the bed then I air them up to 70-80 psi. Those high pressures with no load will make the tires wear prematurely as well as deteriorate traction capabilities. Plucking Govt!

As far as deep snow tires, what works for deep snow will not work on icy roads. Deep snow you need deep lug channels to move the snow a lot like a mud tire, but if your on icy roads those same tires will suck. I ran Bridgestone Blizzaks E rated on my ram 2500 during winter in Alaska and there is no comparison on slick roads, they just stick to the ice compared to anything else including studs. Throw chains on the blizzaks for deep snow and you have the best of both worlds.