Originally Posted by cwh2
Originally Posted by horse1

Did you get them on yet? I'll be taking mine off this week and going back to my "summer tires".

Yes. They seem great so far. Haven't towed with them, but they are 100x better than the same size/load range Coopers that I run in winter. They toss some rocks, but I guess I'm used to that. Might have to get some real mud flaps to complete the "old man truck" look I've been going for.

Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Quite a few kudos for Duratracs but they don't come in the size I like. Stock on my pickup is 265-70R17. I run 245-75R17. They're the same diameter and load rating but 2" narrower. They handle better, especially in snow, and leave a lot more room for chains. They do have them in 70's but they're shorter which messes with the speedometer.

That seemed wrong the last time you said it. 20mm = .787", not 2". I ran 245s for a while on my 08 dodge, and I agree... they do handle better, all things being equal. I'd like to see more load range E tires offered in 245 and 255 widths.

I would not put duratracks on a diesel ever again, and I predict you will hate them if you do. I'm speaking from experience on an 04 Dodge 2500 diesel.

My mistake. I was typing ahead of my brain. I meant to say 1", rounded off.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.