Originally Posted by horse1
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Quite a few kudos for Duratracs but they don't come in the size I like. Stock on my pickup is 265-70R17. I run 245-75R17. They're the same diameter and load rating but 2" narrower. They handle better, especially in snow, and leave a lot more room for chains. They do have them in 70's but they're shorter which messes with the speedometer.

People running them on1/2tn pickups or some sort of SUV love them, as did I on my last 1/2tn. I don't personally know anyone who's purchased a 2nd set of Duratracs for a 3/4-1tn diesel. Side-walls are squishy and on a heavy pickup they wear pretty fast.

Current set of Nitto Exo's are right at 20KMi. Still look great, and are wearing evenly. I'll measure them when I get home. They got me through some pretty hairy schtuff while ice-fishing last winter.

Pulled our 38' 9K# bumper hitch travel trailer over 300Mi in a 20-30MPH gusty crosswind yesterday. No EQ hitch, just dropped it on the 2 5/8" ball and hit the road. Set the cruise @ 70MPH and let the truck do it's thing. Truck was very predictable and felt firmly planted. Couple of wind-breaks caught me unaware but for the most part I saw them coming and could plan ahead w/necessary correction.

Still my opinion that they're the best set of tires I've owned on a 3/4tn diesel.

I can guarantee I won't be buying a second set of Duratracs for my 1 ton.