Originally Posted by Mohawk
Originally Posted by BC3
Okay. I see there are lots of 870 Express haters. What are the specific issues that everyone seems to have with the Express models?

I have had an 870 Express Super Mag since the early 2000's. It has been used as a push pole, boat paddle, nutria club, and bounced around in the bottom of a boat ALLOT. I even knocked out one of the pins from the trigger assembly once to use as a shear pin in an outboard motor to get us back to the ramp. The only complaint I have ever had is that the finish on it did rust pretty easily. It was a little rough back when I first got it but it smoothed up with use pretty quickly. It has a better recoil pad on it now and a rattle can paint job fixed the rusting issue. I guess I got a good one as I have never had a problem with mine.

I purchased the Express as I wanted a rough duty waterfowl piece that I did not worry about getting dinged up and would work in nasty conditions. It has fit that purpose well for me.

Classic Southern ingenuity there! Laughing!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.