Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've got an 870 here that doesn't eject worth a damn. It's been back to Remington 3 times and still won't eject dependably with any brand of ammuntition. They've replaced the barrel, extractor, complete bolt assembly and "tuned" the ejector spring and still it chokes about one out of every 15-25 shots and the rest barely clear the ejection port like a baby dribbling pureed peas down it's chin. After the third time back to Remington and still no joy, I asked for a refund and was told "we don't do refunds". The useless POS sits in the back of the safe to this day. Brand new, less than 200 rounds fired through it and I won't sell it because I won't pawn such a worthless POS off on somebody else. No, I'll never buy another Remington of any model. I don't need anymore useless junk peddled by slobs who won't stand behind it. Maybe I'll make a lamp out of this one.

Are you fairly handy with tools? If so, PM me, and I may be able to help you. And, it's not complicated. Plus, it doesn't sound like we could make it much worse!

I had two that wouldn't eject for $h/t. Both were bought used, and might have been traded in to my LGS because they wouldn't eject. With the first one, folks said "You're not running the action fast enough." They were wrong, and what the issue was had nothing to do with how fast you ran it. I borrowed one from a friend that ran fine. I messed with them and studied them until I figured out what the difference was. When I finally figured it out, and corrected mine, it never bobbled again. Years later, when I bought the second one, when it wouldn't eject . . . Well, then it wasn't my first rodeo. Same issue, same fix. The second is one of my home protection guns. I trust it.

Clinging to guns & religion since 1959

Keyboards make people braver than alcohol

Election Integrity is more important than Election Convenience

Washington Post: "Democracy Dies in Darkness"
More correct: "Killing Democracy Faster Than Darkness"