Originally Posted by Three30Eight
Id suggest you look to shotgun world.com. There is a lot of misinformation in this thread.

Contrary to what you are getting in this post, the current 870s are amongst the best Remington has ever made. They re-tooled a couple years ago and the machining is cleaner and the fit and finish is excellent...a big improvement especially in the express models which are now a darker satin finish that is much less prone to corrosion.

I'm always seeing people post pictures of Expresses that have magically rusted, even seen one pic of guns rusting in the IN A STORE RACK! And those were the Police model, too. Maybe they improved them recently, but I'd let other people find out.I think that Express finish has the worst reputation for rusting, ever.

"I was perusing my local Cabela's today when I happened to find 6 870 police magnums marked new, on the rack. These were selling for $699.99, AND were already showing lots of rust. All of them had rust all along the receiver, and on major portions of the barrel."
[Linked Image]

Last edited by Goosey; 01/29/19.