Originally Posted by C_ROY
Another thought is to build. What are good actions to use a s a base? Interarms Mark X ? Others? I assume finding a Model 70 action at a good price to build would be difficult.....For a Ruger 375 that uses a std action, correct? I could look for 30-06 or 270 for an action, correct? The 375 H&H I assume look for a mag like a 7mm, 300 Win?

Yes....one can build a .375 H&H and one could use a Mauser action.....even a VZ-24 but it requires a fair amount of work and definitely requires feed rail adjustments.....it can be expensive and not everyone can do it.....even a few smiths that say they can, cannot actually make these things feed well.....

If one really wants a Mauser action for the task, I would agree on the Whitworth.....but there are others such as the ones imported by Charles Daly (Zastava) and the Mark X that might be good donors for the task.....but find one originally made for the magnum actions.....
Finding a pre-64 Model 70 action for the job isn't easy but might turn out to be expensive....the later CRF models in magnum settings will work fairly well....the work required to convert a 7mm Mag to .375 H&H isn't extensive and not too difficult to do.....find one listed as a "classic" for the task.

One should decide in advance if CRF is a requirement....if it is so be it.....but if it's not, then Remington and Sako and Weatherby Vanguard are also fine options.....personally, I believe the CRF feature is way overblown and would not hesitate to use a push feed action for a .375 H&H

Mine is a Winchester classic originally chambered to .338 Win Mag....it works fine in .375 H&H but did require some modifications to the magazine box, and bolt stop...No work necessary to the bolt face or feed rails were required.

That said, building is chiefly for one that wants something he cannot buy....such as stock features, barrel twists, barrel contours, magazine capacity....and the list goes on and on....in the net result he probably won't do much better than to buy a new Winchester Alaskan and go hunting....most any build will take up to a year to complete depending on what you really want.....the new Winchester will be in your hands in a week or two....we all have different checkbooks and timelines....only you can decide.