This one looks a lot like mine, except for the custom work. It has always been a good shooter for me. I had a Whitworth in the 80's, but I had feeding problems I couldn't resolve. I replaced the Whitworth with a pre 64 with 25 inch barrel, which was my favorite. The pre 64 went down the road when I got married, then I later got the stainless classic in the 90's. All of the .375's were accurate with a variety of loads, and all of them put a variety of (full power) loads reasonably close to the same point of aim.

If I had a lot of money and was looking for another, I would look for another 25" pre 64, hands down. It was the best shooter, with the smoothest most reliable feed, of those three.

In my opinion, I always found the .375 more comfortable to shoot than a .300 magnum, either Winchester or Weatherby. The .300 seemed to have a vicious, tooth rattling jab, while the .375 just had a big smooth push. Maybe it's because the .375s all had a more reasonable weight, and they seem to build .300s light.