Originally Posted by C_ROY
Got my my 1st Cape Buffalo hunt booked for 2022.... yeah I know it's a ways out but I have to save up! grin

Now to get a dedicated buff rifle. I really wish I could use my .338 Win Mag. I have used that rifle for 17 yrs and I just can't imagine a properly placed 275 Swift A frame or 285 Barnes TSX would bounce off a Cape but it'a an excuse for a new gun. laugh

Looking at a Kimber Talkeetna. What 375 you guys using for buffalo?

I would think a 338WM would work just fine. I know several people who have used them with great success. Id talk with your PH prior to dropping the coin and see if he would allow you to use it. Caliber restrictions are pretty easier to legally get around in Africa.

If I had a 338 I would NOT purchase a 375, as they are just too close. You could buy a donor 700 mag of some sort and have a smith screw on a 416 rem barrel which would be a very real step up in power.

Ive not hunted in Africa so take this with a grain of salt but the most used buffalo gun I've ever heard of was one belonging to Warren Page. With it he slew something like 5 or 600 buffalo. It was built on a LH Remington and last i heard ole left didn't die at the hand of a cow with horns sticking out of its head.

Id use whatever action you like the best and are most comfortable with.

Last edited by Quak; 02/04/19.

GOD Bless America