Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Some more comments on this thread:

First, we still don't know the make of rifle, cartridge, or anything about the ammo.

At first country boy said the wind wasn't over 5 mph, then admitted he had no way to measure it, other than guessing and looking at the local weather report. Then he said it was 2-3 mph, straight on.

We also don't the brand of either scope, or whether either is actually adjustable for parallax. Just because a second scope was tried doesn't mean the second wasn't part of the problem. Several years ago a guy on the Campfire asked me for a good powder/charge for 165's for the .30-06, as he'd just bought one, a model well-known for accuracy. I told him around 58 grains of H4350, and as I recall even suggested a bullet to start with. He couldn't get it to shoot, so I suggested trying another, proven scope. He still couldn't get it to shoot, and I didn't hear from him for a few months. At that point he PM'd me, admitting BOTH scopes were brand-new. He'd finally tried an old beater scope he had, as I recall maybe even a 4x, M8 Leupold. All of sudden the rifle started shooting sub-inch groups with the same load.

We're still lacking a bunch of info, and along with that, many of these rifle-diagnoses threads never get resolved because often its impossible to analyze what's wrong without being there.

Swifty, did you read the article on the 28 Nosler accompanying the handload chart you posted?

With all due respect, the OP has stated this information in his posts, to one of which you replied "OK."