Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Am still trying to figure out how that happens, without outside factors being involved.

Quite a few shooters believe bullets "destabilize" as they get farther from the muzzle, but bullets actually become more stable at "normal" ranges as velocity decreases.

I'm sure others are trying to figure it out too. I know others have said that the bullet actually stabilizes the further away it gets from the muzzle. Maybe he should shoot at 4-500 yards. I never waste my time at 200. Seems pointless in a way, unless you are limited to that distance. Maybe he should return it to Nosler and tell them that is shoots "1/2 moa at 100 and 2 moa at 200" and see what they tell him.. As for the seller that sold the rifle to him: if the op is thinking the seller sold him "junk", I feel for that guy and is one of the reasons I don't like to sell rifles. You'll sell a rifle to someone that shoots like my buddy Troy and blame it on the rifle and seller. I know the op isn't blatantly doing this, but the finger is waving in that direction a little bit. I also don't know why the op is not posting pics of the rifle or targets. It may, in fact, be a simple thing like scope mounted way to fu cking high, where you have minimal or no cheek weld. We've all seen that, or at least I have, so many times especially here recently with the use of rails and schit where guys think they have to have that to shoot at unmeasurable distances. Far beyond what any sane hunter should be shooting at critters. Things have to be consistent in order to maintain accuracy. The further you shoot, the more consistent you have to be. Eyesight even comes into play, magnification on the scope and for damn sure a parallax adjustable scope (which the op is not using), sandbags or rests and even the ammo play a big part in keeping and maintaining that consistent accuracy. And of course, like John has pointed out numerous times, wind. Hell, I put up wind flags on my 100 yard target stands. I'll watch them, keep an eye on when the wind shifts and hope for a null around the time I pull the trigger. Sometimes around here, the wind is always howling and you take what you can get, but wind does play a huge role in bullet travel, especially the further the bullet gets away from that muzzle.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA