Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Country boy,

Yes, this thread has gone on a long time. I missed where you described how you checked for parallax at both 100 and 200.

I'm coming to the conclusion that the rifle is possessed by demons. Haven't seen many rifles that are, but there have been a few over the years....

Have also come to the conclusion that I need to quit responding to any "Why doesn't my rifle shoot?" threads if they go on more than a maybe 20-30 other responses. Apparently beyond that point I don't care enough anymore to carefully recheck every response.

I find it easier to glass bed, freefloat, fine tune a trigger and work up a good load that easily shoots moa, than it is to follow some of these threads. This one was funny because the OP seemed to be tight lipped about a lot of things. You basically had to beat the info out of him, with repetitive questions. He's yet to post any pics too (like I asked for multiple times). A lot of these guys are here to help, but when the op has to be asked 5 times what kind of scope or how its mounted, it kind of gets tiring...For example, finally on page 12 of this thread, he finally tells us the scope is a VX5 3-15x44. Before that, it was just a "VX5". From that info, we know it's a parallax adjustable scope and generally of good quality. However, it's still not a "proven" rifle scope. If these guys would just take a little time and establish a rock solid foundation (glass bedding), tune the trigger, sufficiently freefloat their barrels, USE a PROVEN rifle scope, ensure their ammo is concentric and work up a good accurate moa load, there would be far far less of these threads. However, some guys think they can just take a bone stock rifle out of the box, have a store clerk mount a scope for them and be shooting lights out at the range that same day with factory ammo. That rarely happens, and for how long is it going to keep doing it? Who knows: Did the store clerk use loctite on the base screws or even torque them down properly. Did he make sure the base screws were of the appropriate length? Personally, I still believe the OP's "1/2 moa" rifle has not even proven to me it's a moa rifle at 100 yards. I'd need to see many many multiple 10 shot groups to verify it's a moa capable rifle. Even if it's only shot at 100 yards. Shoot some 10 shot moa groups at 100 yards and I'll guarantee its going to shoot well at 200, 300,400, etc. etc.. I've done it thousands of times, to know it's going to happen that way.. The secret is knowing you have a proven and capable set-up. You don't just fire off a couple 3, 4 or 5 shot groups that are 3/4" to 1 1/4" and say, ok, it's an MOA rifle now. Show me multiple targets, make me a believer. This just hasn't happened yet in this thread...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA