Originally Posted by Swifty52
John, didn’t say the bullets destabilized. You have even stated that moving out to the 2-300 increases the error rate. My point has always been that the rifle may not like what the heck he’s feeding it. It may never shoot that bullet and maybe with a little tweak of the load it just might. Did this awhile back with a 700 BDL in 25.06 seeing if a 110 AB would shoot. The sighter was a known load that was used to foul the tube plus I had 6 rounds left over that had to go.
Target 1-5 were all the exact charge just altered the seating depth 5 thou for each except #5 which I altered 10 thou to a jump of 25. All were in the 1-1.5” range @ 100 except 1. Now while all would be minute of deer at 200, reasonably I can expect maybe at best 2.5 to 3” or more @ 200.

[Linked Image]

I did put one of those 1.5” group loads out to 200 and it looked like this. Still minute of deer, but damn ugly.

[Linked Image]

Your #5 is more or less what I look for when developing loads. I'd also shoot multiples of each, just to confirm the load is acceptable and consistent. As a matter of fact, I'm heading out right now to check a Tikka superlite I've been messing around with. Need to confirm a load a buddy and I shot the other day:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Time to shoot some 10 shot groups now...

Confirming and proving doesn't mean it has to be done that same day either. However, you don't shoot 100 yards with an "unproven" load one day and then expect it to miraculously shoot sub moa at any distance on a different day either...

See OP, posting pics is easy.. Anyone can do it... wink

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA