Originally Posted by JayJunem
Originally Posted by vapodog

Can you do this?.....place two targets at 100 and 200 yards distance and one precisely behind the other such that one only has to shoot through paper at 100 yards and therefore can measure the very same (10-shot) group at both ranges.....

This should prove the theory that the MOA is different at different ranges....or possibly disprove it.....I won't speculate!

I think I can rig that up. Should be interesting.

I could be wrong but it seems that bullets hitting even a piece of paper at high speed could cause them to deflect a little, opening up the group at 200. Just guessing.
[/quote]

Maybe set up a first target at 100yds with two aiming points, one right on the center of the paper and another right on the upper edge of paper and the rifle sighted in 2" high. With a paper at 200 hundred right behind the first one, but taller in order to cath the bullets aimed at the higher bullseye. Like that those bullets would fly high over the first target and not having to go through the paper it will not deflect at 200. And see how the groups compare to those that go through the first paper.

I think it is going to be a very interesting experiment I`d love to do it myself nut unfortunately I don`t have an appropiate place to do it. Please keep us updated with your findings.

Thank you

chamois