I love both cartridges, but the Far North with Moose and Bear is a fine place for the 9.3x62! If you gather up components, it doesn't matter if 'zero" grocery stores have any ammo on the shelf. right? I've travelled a little bit, and always took my ammo with me and even it had been lost, I could borrow a good rifle, no big deal. I have had 3 9.3x62 through the years. My first was back in the late 90's and I had a time scrounging up dies, components, but it was fun doing it! I had a Mod 70 FWT (PF) rebarreled with a Lothar Walther 24" barrel. It was a great shooter, had zero issues with headspace problems (that round shoulder). I shot the Speer 270 for an all around and the then new 286 partition. I gave that rfile to my Youth Minister who had been using a 30-06 for elk all his life ( he was around 30ys old). He shot a big spike bull that fall. He said the bull was behind a light screening of buckbrush about 75yds away.. He could see him fine, but would never have taken the shot with his 30-06/180s. He thought, "hey, I have this big gun" , lets see what it will do...so wham! He was hooked. ha. The next one was the one I bought for my Marine Son In Law on his return from 2bd tour of Iraq. A CZ 550 FS. The Vortex 286 TSX factory ammo gave about 4 failures to fire. The Privi did fine. Fireform cases, of course, are just fine. My last was a beautiful Mod 77 African with nice wood (no brake) and it was barely in spec for headspace, gave me many (too many) FFs so I just sold it outright. All this time I had a pet 35 Whelen Ackley Improved ( which is more like the 9.3x62 than the standard Wheln is, in my opinion) that I took for everything, so the 9.3 was like having a red headed step child, ha. I loved him, but he was alot of trouble. I was already fireforming my 35 WAI, wasn't going to do it for the ruger or send it back. It shot some ammo fine, but not others. But the 93x62, Its a fine round!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 05/14/19.