300 grain A-frame @ 2400 fps muzzle velocity, 42" Racked bull moose:

500 yds, shooting down hill, quartering away. Wet hide.

Entry: Bullet hit low behind right shoulder at about 1500 fps. Bullet expanded immediately upon impact with the wet hide. Busted through the top of the brisket, diagonally. Because of the length of the shot combined with the shooting down hill, bullet continued through, traveling even lower in the bull moose. Bullet continued through the mid-forearm.

Offside:
If you look closely, you can see the mushroom protruding out of the mid-forearm. It was found rested against the hide of the forearm. The bullet gouged the big forearm bone, but didn't shatter it. It was expanded to 62 caliber. There was about one gallon of blood spilled all over shore, as he limped those last few steps, spanning about 20 feet, eventually falling over into the shallow slough off the main river.

Quite the demand of a bullet, it didn't disappoint. I took out a tape measure, and estimated 3.5 ft of moose the bullet traveled through. I'm not sure the allure of flatter trajectory, will have me switching over to light for caliber boat tail bullets.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]