Originally Posted by satx78247
Dre,

Perhaps I have the "recoil sensitivity" of a mule but I own essentially identical Model 760 rifles in both .30-06 & 9.3x62mm (that Jessie at JES reformatted) & I can tell little/no difference in the "kick" of the two calibers.
(Actually, I have 3 Model 760 rifles in .30-06, as the Model 760 rifles seem to "keep falling into my lap" at estate/garage sales. = Right now I have 8 Model 760 rifles/carbines in .223REM to my treasured 9.3x62mm.)

Note: One of my "garage sale" pump-rifles is a .30-06 that has a badly pitted barrel.
(The PO shot a lot of cheap/corrosive/surplus service ammo in it & evidently W/O ever cleaning it properly.)

That pitted rifle will soon head to JES to be "reborn" as a .400 Brown-Whelen Improved, which is the most powerful wildcat cartridge that can be formed from .30-06 cases. - The "BIG .400" is the "ballistic twin" of "the well-regarded in Africa" .404 Jeffery, that has been used very successfully on every species of big/dangerous game there. - The .400 B-WI uses the same cast/SP/solid bullets as the .405WCF does.
(Truthfully, I don't need a BIG-bore rifle; rather I just want one & a reformatted 760 in that caliber is A-OK with me for anything that I'll ever hunt in this life. - The .400 B-WI "pushes" rather than "kicks", in the one 9.5# rifle that I've shot in that caliber.)

yours, tex

Just saw this.
I ended up getting a slip Over limb saver for my sauer 100 and made a night and day difference. Now I can shoot a box and be fine with out getting punished.
I’m glad I got to scratch my thumper itch but I will take 06, 270 or 6.5CM for my deer or elk loaded with ttsx.
But..If was I further north, in bear country, the 9.3 with 286 NP would be on the menu. Right. So I have 250 AB at 2600

Last edited by Dre; 01/12/20.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.