Originally Posted by mogwai
Originally Posted by mainer_in_ak
Yukon,
Congrats on your upcoming 9.3. There are many, many hunters in the Yukon and Alaska, who made the switch from a heavy 375 H&H, down to an equally effective chambering in a lighter rifle. With PRVI brass and PRVI 286 grain bullets, it makes for a very affordable cartridge to handload for. This brass is cheaper than domestic brass, and the bullets cheaper than speers or horndadys, with jackets that are twice as thick.

I too have owned a 375 Ruger. Though I respect the cartridge and rifle combo, the recoil was far more than a 9.3x62. The rifle was also heavy. I didn't keep it.

Keep in mind though, a full power 300 grain 9.3 load will still be quite healthy and require a scope with sufficient eye relief. During prone shots, the ocular lense ever so slightly reminds me it's there, if I my cheek creeps too far forward on the stock.

Alot of rifleman and gun writers get into this habit to romanticize and sensationalize the 30-06. It's some sort of brown-nosing, group thing. Irregardless of who's in that group, I'd never be without a 9.3, no matter how many boxes of 30-06 ammo are on the shelves. The 30-06 is one boring cartridge. Great for deer and humans, but marginal for everything else.

You lost all credibility your last sentence

You think?

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA