Originally Posted by TWR
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by TWR
Had a similar conversation this morning. Buddy of mine works with a few guys that are quite sure their "custom" builds are just as good as anything else out there. Never mind that they never shoot these sub $400 creations.

It all depends on what you want or need to do.

I can build a reliable gun for 500 or less. Might not be Krieger accurate but would be reliable. Will take a bit of elbow grease obviously.

That said I've never shot a 400 buck one in a match. But we do have a couple of them around 500 parted together for vehicle guns and I'd stake my life on either one any day.
Originally Posted by Bull64
Well after reading all the Bear Creek bashing,once again it's been reinforced to me,that alot of you self-proclaimed experts on here don't know as much as you think.I bought a BCA 7.62x39 carbine 2 weeks ago for $390 including ffl fees.Maybe I lucked-up and got a good one.If so,so did about half dozen of my buddies,but it easily shoots 1moa.It's not rocket science or luck building a rifle that will shoot.Just like bolt guns,there's alot of cheap ar's out there that will shoot.And I have some cash left-over for ammo...

What are your reloads? I'm always keeping x39 reload data thats good for moa or less. Ball ammo sure won't do that.

OTOH having had bad barrels from even top names, that were getting close to opening up to 3/4 plus MOA, when the normal ones would hover at .5 moa, less for fewer shots in the group... LOL, there are bad barrels and they often come in batches.

To say bear creek is always good is nuts. To say always bad about the same...

Then there are accuracy parameters. I sent a TC barrel back once, they shot it and said it gave 4-5 inch groups at 100, I said yes, exactly. They said thats acceptable. So I junked the TC tube and put a green mountain tube on and was shooting around 1.5 inches with honking slugs at 100 with iron sights.

Exactly it’s always great to see the AR snobs falling out of the roof. At one time a colt made m4 carbine cost the us army about $400 bucks.. i haven’t ran nsn for one in yrs, all the colt made m4 have been turned in up here in our BCT and replaced with FN made m4 carbines.

Well I guess I am an AR snob but being in a mechanical business, I've seen plenty of guys who can't start a nut without cross threading it. It's not always the substance of parts that make them cheap but the quality behind the guys building the parts and putting them together.

Never seen a contract awarded for an M4 that equalled $400, I think when Remington cut everyone's throat a few years back it was around $600. But then again I had a buddy that bought an M16 A1 for less than $200 back in the day.

Problem with cheap AR's is the companies hire people that know nothing about them and the main goal is to build as cheap as possible.that's not a plan to build quality anything but with bogus reviews on the net, people believe parts is parts and 3 shots under MOA once in a while means it's an MOA gun.

But if buying low bid parts assembled by illegals or custom guns built by bubba in their basements blows up your skirt, have at it.

Bogus Reviews??

Oh, so now we are talking about Anderson.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/02/19.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell