Yes, I meant Varget. In the day with 80s, it was all we had, top of the line. Then we found N540.. Varget went out the door. And there was TAC. Can't help but be as good or better powders by now too. BUT Varget was accurate, one of my best 600 yard 5 shot groups with a hummer Krieger was 1.25 inches with a rough tape measure... that particular barrel was just hot. And the junior who owned it made decent use of it for sure.

Yes, 62 and maybe a bit over on mil spec. If the gun handles that, then it handles any stuff at 62 or so... even if 223 is around 55? max. Stupid things BUT it takes into consideration some variables and safety.

50-100 fps really doesn't matter though if you can buy a higher BC generally speaking, its a better trade off.

I didn't have time to check the links. I have not shot competitively since 2004, and if I started again Id' have to read up on a LOT I suppose.

In my normal todays hunting guns, I can be 200 FPS slower than most folks think is acceptable and I'll do fine this side of 600 or so...which is more than enough since I have not had the need to shoot past 350 lately, and the wife has not had the need to shoot past 270 yards lately either.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....