Just after Election Day, when Pelosi started her jabber about passing some gun legislation, I broke down and bought a DPMS Oracle, a rifle with a very checkered reputation. It was cheap, and all I wanted it for, was poking old Nancy in the eye anyway.

So far, it's no target rifle, but it hasn't choked and puked yet, either. I don't have any "cheap ammo", just a whole bunch of stuff I'd loaded up for prairie dog shooting fifteen years ago, with a good 50gr. VMax, and a half-grain under max. It shoots pretty well, really, for what I've got in it, and while I have a wad of 30 rounders for it, I mostly use the 10 round PMags. I don't run it hot, as I really don't much care for the thing anyway.

It's sorta fun to shoot, I guess (had my fill of them in the Army a long time ago). It will do what I ask of it, which isn't much. It works, and throws bullets into tolerable groups (1-9" twist), all I ask of it. I don't much care if others like it or not. I didn't buy it for them, anyway.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.