There is so much bluster wrapped up in these threads about price, quality, and "just as good". I've said before, I'm not an expert on ARs, but there is something to be said for guns across the spectrum of price levels. I don't have a ton of money(partially because I have to pay my mortgage and am NOT living in my moms basement), I have other expensive hobbies, I like to tinker with things, I trust myself to be capable of solving small problems, and I'm willing to be patient and trust companies (in this case PSA) will stand behind their products in the case of a big problem, and I don't need a rifle for competition or to stake my life on day in and day out. So, I choose to buy "cheap" and accept it for what it is. I won't ever say it is "just as good" as a $3k premium rifle because that statement is so subjective, and contains so much variability,that it is essentially meaningless. And in some very objective and measurable ways it is NOT just as good.

The OP asked about a couple rifles at a low price point, for a "general use" carbine. My guess is that the two he selected would serve him well, as would a package from PSA or another relatively inexpensive rifle. I'm guessing that by "general use" he means informal target shooting, hunting varmints/hogs/etc at shortish ranges, and having a rifle available in case of emergency. An "average" PSA setup will do that, so will the average ruger, or S&W. Would a Noveske do that too? Of course.

Saying that these inexpensive rifles are likely to fail between 100 and 1000 rounds is a gross overstatement. If the majority, or even a large proportion did, these companies wouldn't survive more than a few years in the current competitive market. With a "cheap" gun chances of a lemon are obviously much higher because because of QC, parts variability, etc. But the chance of a lemon with a premium rifle still exists. As with all things, you get what you pay for, unless you just have bad luck. If you offered me the worst gun to come out of a premium high end manufacturer, and the best gun PSA ever produced, I'd take the PSA every time.

What this country needs is more thoughtful ethical gun owners, shooters, and hunters. Not less. Companies like PSA are putting out a huge number of safe and serviceable guns to people who wouldn't otherwise get one.

With all that said, I won't ever buy from BCA because their business practices and ethics suck.