Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by HunterT
Originally Posted by bwinters
Originally Posted by huntsman22
Originally Posted by HunterT
I always get a belly chuckle when I see “hunters” buying these lightweight rifles and then throwing a 2 lb scope on there.

Or guys that claim to be in-shape 'hunters', whine about 8 extra ounces. I'm old and outta shape, but having a scope that is a tad weighty-er (but works) has NEVER held me back.

I'm with h22 on this. I put NF SHV on all my rifles except 1 - all Kimber Montana's BTW. I've been carrying them day hunting, backpacking, hunting in mountains, east and west, and never noticed the extra 7-8 oz. I'll not trade reliability for 7-8 oz ever again. I'll be sure to shoot a bull with 8oz less antlers for the trip back to the truck to compensate. Or maybe I'll give the Gray Jays an extra handful of meat to chew on. cool

If you are actively holding the rifle in your hands the majority of the time, weight does make a difference. 8 ounces of pack weight is a different animal.

Side note: it’s completely laughable you’re talking about reliability of equipment yet you hunt with Kimber rifles.

Thats funny right there.

Was I post 8 of your total count? You'll be a big hit..............

Just put a Kimber in the mail a couple days ago... 338WM with the length, belt to shoulder .100" over SAAMI...

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.