Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Originally Posted by GregW
Man the Elmer's are out in force...

Aren't Elmers the people who spend the majority of the money that keeps shooting sports manufacturers in business?

Individually they probably don't spend a lot of money and they probably don't buy top shelf equipment very often, if ever, but there are so many of them that the money they spend adds up, allowing the elite among us to keep on shooting. I know of an Elmer from Nebraska named Kevin Petrzilka who had notable success using an old Tasco to aim his old Remington 788. Not that I'm shilling for Tasco, but my point is that you don't need top shelf gear to be a successful hunter, though it is quite the opposite if you aim for success when shooting paper at a competitive level.

Or so it seems to me and that brings us back to my previous question of who gives a crap about what other people do, or buy, or use, regardless of the market niche being discussed?

PS - I like Leupold scopes, Warne rings, and Colt Light Rifles.

That has been my contention since day one.....the general hunting public, the average hunter, whatever you call them are perfectly happy with Leupold products

I suspect I represent another substantial segment. Despite adjustments doing all kinds of things they weren't supposed to, I got mine set and am happy enough not to send them back for warranty claims. So I am not perfectly happy, I just accept it.