Originally Posted by Gunaddict
I have had around 20 Leupold scopes sent back to Leupold to have the erector system replaced. I had Alan Ranson ( Head Of Leupold Technical Services) on speed dial. I had a couple of scopes sent in, and they said there was no issues found. I sold those scopes. I sent one scope off to Leupold 3 times to be fixed. The 3rd time they go it right. I talked to a tech and he said he would have throw the scope in the garbage. 1 month later I sent another scope in and they replaced the scope. I sent 2 Leupolds in last year and guess what, they replaced, the erector system on them. 2 percent failure ??????? I also to talked to the vice president of Leupold expressing my concerns. Alan said the tech that repairs your scope does matter. He gave me the name of a tech that he wanted my scopes to go too. It was a woman that repaired them after that, and I did not have to send the scope in several times to get fixed. And Alan would have them mount my scopes on their 300 Win Mag and shoot it and they would send me the target, with the scope.

That doesn't inspire confidence. It almost sounds like they have trouble finding competent help in the tech dept and tolerate subpar workmanship.